Solar is a renewable energy resource that uses photovoltaic (PV) systems to create electricity. A
solar PV system uses light to generate electricity, which you can then use to power your home or
office, reducing your bills and your impact on the environment.
1. The sun's light (photons) is absorbed by the solar panel.
2. The silicon and conductors in the panel convert the light into Direct Current (DC) electricity, which then flows into the inverter.
3. The inverter converts the DC into Alternate Current (AC) electricity, which you can use in your home.
4. Any additional electricity that's not used by your home is fed back into the grid.
5. Electricity is drawn from the grid when you need more power than your solar energy system can produce.